The Oak Church is operating under Mosaic Church. Mosiac Church Ltd is a Christian Church affiliated to Newfrontiers and a charitable company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales under No. 05524901
Charity number: 1114508
Registered address: Mosaic Church, Mill 5 Ground Floor, Mabgate Mills, Mabgate, Leeds, LS9 7DZ
Telephone: 0113 245 3286
The Oak Church can be contacted directly on the below details and although Mosaic Church have their own privacy notice, this notice applies to the data that The Oak Church collect, hold and process.
Address: The Oak Church, 54 Bradford Road, Stanningley, Leeds, LS28 6EF
Telephone: 0113 345 2470
This Privacy Notice for The Oak Church recognises the right of people to keep their personal information private. This Privacy Notice covers the church’s use of personally identifiable information that you provide and we collect or hold, including when you continue to browse and use this website (theoakchurch.co.uk).
If you continue to browse and use this website, you are agreeing to comply with and be bound by the following terms and conditions of use, which, govern the church’s relationship with you. If you disagree with any part of this Privacy Notice please do not provide personal information and do not use our website.
This explains how The Oak Church and this website comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations.
How we collect information about you
We collect personal information each time you are in contact with us. For example, when you:
- visit our website;
- register your details and your family details, at https://theoak.churchsuite.co.uk
- make a donation, by completion of giving forms, via our website or electronic means;
- register for a conference or other church event;
- provide your contact details, in writing or orally, to church staff or volunteers;
- purchase goods or services, including when you provide credit or debit card details;
- when you attend church gatherings or participate in other church activities;
- communicate with the church by means such as email, letter, telephone;
- face to face meetings with staff and volunteers;
- access social media platforms such as Facebook, YouTube, WhatsApp, Twitter, Instagram
The Oak Church does not hold any debit or credit card details for donations/payments made via our website or through external event sites. All card payments are handled by service providers who encrypt card information.
How we use your information
The Oak Church will use the personal information we collect for the purpose disclosed at the time of collection, or otherwise as set out in this Privacy Notice. We will not use your personal information for any other purpose without first seeking your consent unless authorised or required by law. We will only use your personal information as follows:
- to keep you informed about church gatherings, events, activities and resources;
- to establish and maintain your involvement with the church; including events you have attended, what areas and activities of the church you have supported and records of any donations;
- to answer an inquiry or request for further information or complaint about the church, its gatherings, activities and events;
- to register you for events;
- to assist us to make the church website, services and products more valuable to our community;
- for the promotion of the ongoing work of the church and to inform you of new developments we believe may be of interest to you;
- to improve our general ability to assist church members and the wider community;
- to assist the Church and associated Catalyst churches with the management of issues relating to the church.
Sensitive Personal Information
The Oak Church may collect and store sensitive personal information such as health information, religious information and when you and/or your family attend church events and conferences.
Your personal information will be kept strictly confidential.
Sharing your information
We will never share any information we hold about you to others without your prior consent unless one of the following exceptions apply. We may disclose information we hold about you:
- If it is necessary for law enforcement or similar purposes;
- As a necessary part of providing you with our service(s) or contacting you - for example, by using a third party mailing house to process our communications;
- As a necessary part of ensuring we comply with our legal obligations as a data controller - for example, by using a third party to migrate data or ensure it is accurate and up-to-date;
- We may collect information that you make available on, for example, Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin or similar organisations. You may wish to check their privacy notice to find out more information on how they will process your data.
Security of your data
The Oak Church will take reasonable steps to keep secure any personal information, which we hold and to keep this information accurate and up to date. Personal information, held electronically, is stored in a secure server or secure files. We take security measures to protect your information from access by unauthorised persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage. Your information will be held for a reasonable period or as long as the law requires or permits.
Safeguarding at The Oak
We take Safeguarding very seriously at The Oak. Our Safeguarding Lead is Chris Mason, our deputy Safeguarding Lead is Elea Derry, and our DBS Lead Recruiter is Emily Jones.
Our Safeguarding Policy is available here with a parent-friendly version found here.
Keeping your details up to date
Please tell us as soon as any of your contact details change so that we can keep our records up to date. You can change the way we contact you, or the kind of material we send you, at any time by contacting us using the contact details above.
You can unsubscribe from our regular emails or texts at any time by using the 'unsubscribe' links on the email or texts you have received. If you register with ChurchSuite you can personally log on and update your contact details.
Access to your information
You have the right to request details of the information we hold about you. To do this, you should write to The Oak Church on the address above. There is no charge involved for requesting this data. It will help us to process your request if you can be specific about what information you require, otherwise, we may need to contact you again to clarify this. We will respond to your request within 30 days of receiving the written request. You have the right to request that we update or correct any information we hold about you. Please contact us using the details above to let us know what needs correcting.
- First party cookies: these are our own cookies, controlled by us and used to provide information about the usage of our site.
- Third party cookies: these are cookies found in other companies’ internet tools which we are using to enhance our site, for example, Facebook, Twitter and Google have their own cookies, which are controlled by them.
- To establish the needs of visitors and customise the content of our website;
- To process any forms or requests you send;
- For internal administration and analysis.
Our website contains links to other websites. This privacy notice only applies to this website so when you link to other websites you should read their privacy notice.
Changes to our privacy notice
We keep our privacy notice under regular review and we will place any updates on this webpage. This privacy notice was last updated on 23 October 2018.
How to contact us
If you would like any further information or have any queries, problems or complaints relating to The Oak Church’s Privacy Notice or our information handling practices in general, please contact us on the details listed at the top.