Check out the video for this week's TEAM CHALLENGE - Eat the Doughnut and for the session.
Today we will be learning about the 3rd point - Jesus Died for Me!
Welcome back to Treehouse, the third of the 4 Points is “Jesus died for me.” Jesus died on the cross so that we can be set free from sin.
Our sin had separated us from God because He is perfect and can only be around perfect things.
The third point is probably one of the most well-known facts in the history of Man Kind.
What’s important to realise is the penalty for sin is death, separation from God both now and forever.
The bible says we have all sinned, and we all deserve to die. But God who is full of love and mercy, sent Jesus to come and die in your place.
When Jesus died we made a way for us to spend eternity with God.
How awesome is that!
1. What does it mean to you that Jesus died for you?
2. Do you believe it? Why/why not?
3. What does this news make you want to do?
4. How does this news make you feel about Jesus?
Let's spend some time worshiping, together as a family turn it up and have a dance. Worship is powerful, so let's really go for it!
Jesus Loves me
Lord I Lift Your Name on High
All the worship songs can be found on the youtube playlist - Treehouse songs, you can find this in the family resources section - Stories and songs
Why not share what you've been up to on the Treehouse Parents Facebook Group?
- Can you use your water colours to create a background, each colour could represent a mood that Jesus would have been feeling? Feel free to use other colours you have in your house. Then cut out a cross and stick your cross on the top. At the bottom write – Jesus died for me.
- Have a go at drawing a cross and sticking or writing some ideas you came up with of sins that you can give to Jesus.
- Complete the maze … from start to finish. Make your way through the cross and out the other side. The cross is at the centre of everything.