We’re continuing to explore the miracles of Jesus. If you want to you can start today by packing your bags with the things you’ll need for Treehouse.
This week you’ll need :
A notepad and pen
A tablet or phone to watch a video on
A small blanket or towel
A doll or soft toy
Read the story of the Healing paralysed man: Mark 2:1-12 and/or watch this video.
In the story the paralysed man’s friends carried him to Jesus. Using your towel or blanket work with another person in your family to carry a doll or a soft toy around the house/garden. Can you make an obstacle course to navigate around. Could you work out how to lower the blanket down from a height?
Check out our Family resources page or follow these links to our explorer worship songs.
NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE
NOTHING’S TOO BIG
Craft / Activities
You could have a go at making this craft if you enjoy cutting and colouring. Either print it out or if you don’t have a printer have a go at drawing your own version.
The paralysed man’s friends showed incredible kindness in this story. Jesus responded to their act of kindness and showed kindness to the paralysed man. How can we show kindness to other people at this time? Could you pick a few ideas from this list and act them out today or this week? Or how about you come up with your own ideas on how you could show kindness to others?
1. Donate unwanted toys: Have a look through your toys and decide which toys you no longer need. Other children might really enjoy playing with those toys. Do you know another younger child who might like them? Or could you give them away to charity?
2. Paint a picture for your friends. You could post it, or parents you could take a photo on your phone and send it to their parents.
3. Make a picture for our church family and share it on the church facebook page.
4. Ask your neighbours if their dog needs walking and take them for a walk if they need the help.
5. Smile at people: whilst out and about, smile at everyone you meet - it might just make someone's day a little less lonely.
6. Send a video message: record a video telling family members or friends how much you’re missing them and send it to them. Or do something that will make them laugh, and send a video of that!
7. Pick up litter: go on a litter picking walk. Wear gloves or bring tongs to make sure you’re not touching anything nasty! Put them in a black bin bag en route and enjoy thanks from your community!
8. Write something to encourage someone: It could be a letter, a poem or a song!
9. Spend some time praying for your friends and family. You could even ring someone and pray for them over the phone.
10. If you are back at school now, can you look for ways to be kind to anyone who seems worried or lonely.
Questions to ask:
Why do you think so many people came to listen to Jesus?
How do you think the man and his friends felt when they saw the crowd and there seemed to be no way to get to Jesus?
Why did the teachers of the law get angry with Jesus saying he could forgive the man’s sins?
What does this story teach us about who Jesus is?
Why not share what you've been up to on the Treehouse Parents Facebook Group?