We have reached the final session in our Fruit of the Spirit Series - Where we have learnt about how we recognise God in our every day lives.
Today we have Lucy talking to us about Self Control. Check out the video to see some friendly faces, and to watch the challenge.
Game 1: Donut challenge
You will need a sugar donut (or something sugary) to have a go at the challenge youself. The aim is to eat the donut without licking your lips - using self control to stop yourself.
Game 2: Giggle game
Choose someone to be on, they have to stand in the middle of the room and try not to laugh, while the rest of the family attempts to make them giggle. You cannot touch them, but can make silly noises and pull faces.
Questions for discussion
• Can you think of some times in life when we shouldn’t laugh?
• Eating is fun, like laughing is fun, but there is a time to eat and a time to stop eating. When is it time to stop eating?
• Playing is fun. But when Mom or Dad say it is time to stop, it can be tempting to continue. When is it time to stop playing?
• Chasing around and being silly is fun, but there is a time and a place for silliness
Fruit of the Spiriti song
You are Good
1. Can you make a ‘self – controller’ using a small box or some card, foil to make it shiny and stickers to create the buttons.
James 1:19, NLT: "Understand this, my dear brothers and sisters: You must all be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to get angry."
2. Can you make a set of traffic lights, with ideas on for when you need to stop and think about using self-control?
3. Can you reflect back on all the fruits of the spirit – and Create a Tree with them on. Be creative and see what you can come up with.
Why not share what you've been up to on the Treehouse Parents Facebook Group?