WOW, we have started a New Year - 2021. Today's session is a chance to sit down together as a family and reflect on the previous year, then to dream and explore what 2021 could look like.
You could get really creative with white boards, large paper, colours, magaizines to scrap book or just grab a peice of paper - perhaps you don't want to write anything down at all and that is cool too.
During this session, take time to: WORSHIP - PRAY - REFLECT - DREAM.
There will be a chance to send feedback to Lucy Munton this week, before we launch the video content again, so do watch out for that coming through emails! It would be helpful if you could start thinking about what works well for you as a family and what you would love to see in sessions this year.
WORSHIP IDEAS: Turn the lights off, get the sound up high and let's start this year with dancing and praise for Jesus!
- Be a King
- Superhero - Hillsong Motions or the Just dance version here
- One Way
- Love won't let me down
- Sitting together talk about what you want to thank God for in 2020, go round so everyone is heard.
- Each write down a prayer to put in a hat in the middle of the table and then pull them out to read.
- Each share one thing that is on your mind and pray for each other one at a time.
- Write down all the things that brought JOY in 2020 and thank God for them.
- Parents perhaps you could pray for you kids, then ask them to pray for you?
- Are there any family members or freinds you could pray for? Maybe someone you know is sick, could you all pray for them?
Father, we thank you so much for 2020, for the JOY that came from challenges. For the LOVE that you have shown to us. 2020 will be a year we never forget. I pray we can come closer to you as a family, learning more about you in 2021. AMEN
REFLECT IDEAS: Look back over the year, and have a chat about some of your highlights as a family.
- Go through pictures from this year and talk about speciifc memories and how they made you feel.
- Draw pictures together of things that made you laugh or cry this year.
- Draw a timeline of year, writing on key events that happened to you as a family.
- What parts have you loved about 2020 and what parts weren't so good - split your paper in half and make a list.
The idea is that you can go back to memories and reflect on how they made you feel, letting everyone have change to contribute and talk - see where the conversations lead you.
DREAM IDEAS: What do you want more or less of as a family in 2021?
Perhaps you could set some family goals here? Maybe it is more family meals together, or time to sit and talk as a family each day? Enjoy spending some time dreaming of the year ahead and what you want to achieve as a family or as individuals... I wonder what goals might come from it?
Lord, I pray you will be with each and every family joining in today's reflection and dreaming session. I pray that you will speak to your children and show us all how to be more like you. We love you and want more of your presence. Amen
Why not share what you've been up to on the Treehouse Parents Facebook Group?