Posted by Will on 29th April 2022
Crime Prayer-vention is a new project which aims to bring local churches together to:
- Dramatically impact local crime trends in our community through targeted prayer
- Build relationships with other local churches in the area
- Build relationships with our local police force
We would love you to be involved in our project, this is your invitation.
How does it work?
We will gather people in the local community, from different churches and organisations every three months at our quarterly review and planning meetings. At the meetings we will aim to have:
- A short period of reflective worship
- An update from our local neighbourhood policing team on crime statistics and trends
- An agreed list of prayer points to take back in to our church community
- Some time to pray for our police and those working in the services
- We then head back into our church families to pray, meeting back up again in the next quarter to review the statistics, trends and take away new prayer points.
We aim for this project to be low commitment for people involved, but have huge faith that our prayers will have a tangible impact on our community, our relationships with each other, and the relationship between our community and the police.
Anyone interested is welcome to attend!
Ideally a small team could then lead the prayer activity for our church in between gatherings. This may be the entire congregation in prayer, dedicated prayer groups, or slotting the prayer into existing church activities. Anyone interested can attend the evening.
Where: The Oak Church, 54 Bradford Road, Stanningley, Leeds LS28 6EF
When: 11th May 2022 at 19:30
RSVP: Sign up here
We’d love you to join the team!
If you have any questions or would like to join the team, please do not hesitate to contact Will Munton.
Share this blog: